We hope you are well and safe, and we want to do what we can to provide you with what you need during this challenging period.
We are still open for business, and the team at Scotts Wright wants to support you with the right legal advice, at a time when you need it to give you peace of mind.
DO YOU NEED TO MAKE OR UPDATE YOUR WILL?
Understandably, there is a high demand at the moment for advice on Wills, and people want to know that their affairs are in order.
To help with the current lock down we can communicate with you by phone and email and we can also offer a video call over our Zoom/Skype platform.
We can arrange compliant home visits with the appropriate distancing in place – solicitors acting in connection with the execution of Wills are classed as key workers.
What are the things you should consider before calling?
- Who you would like to appoint as your Executors. That is the person(s) appointed to ensure that the terms of your Will are followed. Many of our clients nominate this firm to act in this capacity.
- The appointment of guardians of your children (if there are any children who are under 18 at the time of your death).
- Those persons you would like to benefit under the Will.
- Any gifts of specific items or money you would like to leave.
- It would also be helpful if you could provide us with a rough estimate of the value of your assets so that we can provide you with any relevant inheritance tax advice.
How long is the legal process when writing a will?
For a straightforward matter, a Will can be completed within a week from initial instructions to execution of the Will. If there is a particular urgency, a Will can be drafted and signed within a couple of working days, if required.
Is it expensive?
We are usually able to provide a fixed fee service for the drafting of most Wills.
or alternatively please contact us for an initial chat and a quotation and speak to either
Kathryn Vasey at our Catterick office
Lydia Hardy at our Leyburn office
EXPERT LEGAL ADVICE IN THE HEART OF NORTH YORKSHIRE