We charge a fixed fee of £400.00* plus VAT for basic re-mortgage transactions. This includes all work undertaken by us to complete the re-mortgage of your property including dealing with registration at the Land Registry.
We have provided a working example below of potential costs.
Example of Scotts Wright Solicitors fees and disbursements for the re-mortgage of a residential property in Richmondshire
- Legal fee £400 plus VAT
- Search or Search Indemnity Insurance fees – Local Authority £106.80/Search Indemnity Insurance beginning at £20.00 (This is dependent upon the amount secured by the re-mortgage. Please note that some Lenders do not accept Search Indemnity Insurance therefore a full Local Authority Search will need to be undertaken).
- Office Copy Entries £6.00
- Priority £3.00
- Bankruptcy £2 per person
- HM Land Registry fee £20.00 (This is dependent upon the amount secured by the re-mortgage. Land Registry fees begin at £20.00, see below for further details)
- Electronic money transfer fee £15 plus VAT
- VAT payable at a rate of 20%
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as search fees. We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process. The cost of searches can vary depending on where your property is located. We will be able to confirm the exact cost of searches (or insurance) when a bespoke quote is provided to you. We have provided an indicator of the potential Land Registry fees below.
Land Registry Fee
|Value or Amount to be secured||Land Registry Fee Electronic||Land Registry Fee Paper|
|00k – 100k||£20.00||£40.00|
|100,001k – 200k||£30.00||£60.00|
|200,001k – 500k||£40.00||£80.00|
|500,001k – 1||£60.00||£120.00|
|Over 1 mil||£125.00||£250.00|
When re-mortgaging a Leasehold property there are certain disbursements which will be set out in the individual lease relating to the Property. The disbursements which we anticipate will apply are set out separately below. This list is not exhaustive and other disbursements may apply depending on the terms of the lease. We will update you on the specific fees upon receipt and review of the lease.
- Notice of Charge fee – This fee is set out in the lease. Often the fee is between £50 and £500.
- Certificate of Compliance fee – To be confirmed upon receipt of the lease, as can range between £50 – £500.
* Our fee assumes that:
a. this is a standard transaction and that no unforeseen matters arise including for example (but not limited to) a defect in title which requires remedying prior to completion of the re-mortgage or the preparation of additional documents ancillary to the main transaction
b. the transaction is concluded in a timely manner and no unforeseen complications arise
c. all parties to the transaction are co-operative and there is no unreasonable delay from third parties